Caramelized Prosciutto and Coconut Apricot Cookies (AIP, Paleo)
Makes: 6 cookies
- 2 pieces prosciutto
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes
- 8 dried apricots
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Gelatin Egg
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Caramelize the prosciutto by sauteeing the prosciutto with the maple syrup in a pan over medium heat for 2-4 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, process the coconut, apricots, coconut oil, salt and gelatin egg until combined.
- Crumble the prosciutto by hand and mix into the rest of the cookie dough. Divide the dough into 6 equal sized balls.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out the dough balls and press them down into even sized discs.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Note: Cookies will firm up upon cooling, so try not to overbake. Allow the cookies to cook before frosting.
- Once the cookies have cooled, melt the coconut butter in a microwave safe bowl for 45seconds-1 minute. Dip each cookies in the coconut butter, allow it to set, and then dip again for a second layer if desired. Allow coconut butter to cool before eating.