"Cheesy" Italian Breadsticks (AIP, Paleo, Whole30)
"Cheesy" Italian Breadsitcks (AIP, Paleo, Whole30)
- 1 cup yuca, boiled until soft
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1 tbsp AIP italian seasoning, we use this brand AIP Paleo Powder
- Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a bowl or food processor, add the yuca, olive oil, salt, coconut flour, pinch of baking soda, and Italian seasoning and combine well into a ball. Make sure the dough is smooth without lumps.
- Lay down a piece of parchment paper and place down your breadsticks dough. Place another piece of parchment paper on top.
- Begin to roll out the dough into a rectangle shape about 1/8th of an inch thick. The thinner the dough the crispier it will be. You can use your hands to smooth out the dough further.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes, or until it begins to brown on top.
- While the crust is baking, add the broth, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and nutritional yeast to a saute pan over medium heat. Simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the bottom crust is done, spread the sauce on top and bake for another 5-8 minutes. Cut into desired shaped breadsticks. Serve warm with your favorite AIP Nomato sauce.