AIP Chocolate Chip Cookies (Paleo)
Giant AIP Chocolate Chip Cookie
Makes: 5 servings
- 1/2 cup Tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp palm shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips or for strict AIP, use Homemade Carob Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the maple syrup, shotening, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract for about 1 minute.
- Add in the dry ingredients (tigernut flour, salt, baking soda) and combine. Lastly add the chocolate chips to the cookie dough.
- We baked our giant cookie in a small cake pan and then cut into slices, but you can use mini muffin tins for individual cookies or form into dough balls and bake on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes, let cool before eating.