Balsamic Prosciutto and Caramelized Onion Flatbread (AIP, Paleo, Whole30)
Balsamic Prosciutto & Caramelized Onion Flatbread (AIP, Paleo, Whole30)
Makes: Serves 2
- 1 cup yuca, boiled until soft
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1 large red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8-10 slices AIP compliant prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a bowl or food processor, add the yuca, olive oil, salt, coconut flour, and pinch of baking soda and combine well into a ball. Make sure the dough is smooth without lumps.
- Lay down a piece of parchment paper and place down your pizza dough. Place another piece of parchment paper on top.
- Begin to roll out the pizza dough into your desired shape until it's about 1/8th of an inch thick. The thinner the dough the crispier it will be. You can use your hands to smooth out the dough further.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper and bake the crust for 20 minutes, or until it begins to brown on top.
- While the crust is baking, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Salt the onions, add the balsamic vinegar, and saute until translucent and the onions become sticky, about 10 min.
- Once the crust is done, spread the onions on top. Lay the prosciutto over the onions and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until the prosciutto has crisped up. Serve warm.