Tigernut Butter Cassava Chip Fudge (AIP, Paleo)
Makes: 20-30 squares
- 1 cup Tigernut Butter
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp carob powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3-1/2 cup crushed cassava chips, we used these Artisan Tropic Cassava Strips
- Line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, soften the coconut butter and tigernut butter on high for 30-40 seconds.
- Whisk in the salt and vanilla.
- Pour fudge into lined dish and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until set, before frosting.
- Meanwhile, make the carob frosting by blending together the avocado, carob powder, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Layer the tigernut fudge with frosting, cassava chips, and a drizzle of melted coconut butter. Fudge can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer.