AIP Stroopwafel (Paleo)
Makes: 1 sandwich
- 1 AIP compliant waffle, we love these Cinnamon Swapples
- 1 full-fat can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a medium pot, heat the coconut milk and coconut sugar until it begins to boil. Lower to medium and let simmer, stirring often to prevent burning the sugar.
- Once it reaches the desired consistency, about 20-30 minutes depending, remove the caramel from heat and stir in the coconut butter and vanilla. Place in the refrigerator overnight to cool or in the freezer for fast cooling if using the same day.
- Slice your waffle in half VERY CAREFULLY and toast.
- Sandwich two tbsp of caramel sauce between your waffles. Use the leftover 1 tbsp to drizzle over the top. Allow caramel to cool before eating.