Cinnamon Chip Mud Pie (AIP, Paleo)
Makes: 1 Pie
- 3 cups cinnamon plantain chips plus a handful for topping, we used these Artisan Tropic Plantain Strips With Cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1 cup carob powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 6 tbsp tapioca flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, grind the 3 cups of plantain chips until they are as finely ground as possible. The finer the better.
- Add the coconut, vanilla, coconut oil, and salt and process together until evenly combined.
- Grease your pie pan and lay down the crust evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan. Bake the crust on its own for 8-10 min, until it browns evenly.
- While the crust is baking, add the coconut milk, coconut butter, carob powder, and honey to a small pot over medium heat. Allow it to simmer and whisk to ensure ingredients are evenly combined.
- Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the tapioca flour until completely incorporated and dissolved into the carob mixture. Poor the creamy carob filling into your baked pie crust and refrigerate until the filling completely sets (about 2-3 hours). Top with extra Cinnamon Plantain Chips prior to serving.