AIP "Cheese" Burger (Paleo)
Makes: 4 Cheese Burgers
- 4 AIP compliant waffles, we love these Garlicky Greens Swapples
- 1 lb ground beef
- Salt, to season beef
- 4 lettuce leaves (optional)
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Slice your waffles in half VERY CAREFULLY and toast.
- Season the ground beef with salt and divide into four patties.
- In a large skillet, add the patties over high heat and get a good sear on one side (about 3-4 minutes). Flip the patties over and turn down the heat to medium and allow to cook until desired doneness.
- In a small saucepan, add the broth, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and nutritional yeast over medium heat. Simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
- Layer your burger patty, lettuce, and cheese sauce between the two waffles and serve.