Spinach and Onion Borekas (AIP, Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
Spinach and Onion Borekas (AIP, Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
Makes: 8 Borekas, Multiply the recipe as needed
- 1 tbsp olive/avocado oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt to taste
- 2 AIP compliant coconut wraps, we use these NUCO Organic Coconut Wraps
- In a skillet or frying pan, warm the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion until translucent.
- Add the spinach and nutritional yeast and cook down completely, until all the water has evaporated. Set th filling aside.
- Cut each coconut wrap into four equal sized pieces, resulting in 8 square wrappers.
- Place 1 tbsp of filling at the corner of each wrapper, fold the corner over the forming triangles and seal with a bit of water.
- Reheat a skillet to medium. Toast the borkeas on each side for 30 seconds to 1 minute, MAX. Be mindful to watch these carefully as the coconut wraps toast VERY quickly on the stovetop.