Moroccan Cigars (AIP, Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
Moroccan Cigars (AIP, Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
Makes: 8 Cigars, Multiply the recipe as needed
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled, diced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt, to season
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 2 AIP compliant coconut wraps, we use these NUCO Organic Coconut Wraps
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Extra cinnamon for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet or frying pan, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onion until translucent.
- Add the ground beef, season with salt, and the cinnamon and ginger, and saute until completely cooked through. Set filling aside.
- Cut each coconut wrap into four equal sized pieces, resulting in 8 cigar wrappers.
- Place 1 tbsp of filling at the edge of each wrapper and roll into cigars. Seal the dumpling with a little bit of water if needed.
- Dab a bit of coconut oil around the cigars. Bake for 8-10 min, rolling half-way through to ensure even doneness. Be sure to watch these carefully as the coconut wrappers toast very quickly. Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.