AIP Hummus and Salted "Pita" Chips (Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
AIP Hummus and Salted "Pita" Chips (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
Makes: 2 Cups
- 1 lb (16 oz) riced cauliflower
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup bone broth
- Salt, to season
- 2 AIP compliant coconut wraps, we use these NUCO Organic Coconut Wraps
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Olives for garnish (optional)
- In a skillet or frying pan, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. Toast the garlic until browned, about 1 minute.
- Add the riced cauliflower, season with salt, and saute until the cauliflower is toasted. Add the bone broth and continue cooking until the cauliflower is completely cooked through and soft.
- Remove the cauliflower from the heat and add to a processor or blender. Process until smooth and creamy. Allow to cool before plating hummus with a drizzle of olive oil, olives, and cilantro leaves.
- Meanwhile, make the pita chips by cutting coconut wraps into desired sized triangles.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, and toast the chips on each side for 15-30 seconds. Be mindfull that these brown very quickly. As soon as you remove the chips from the heat, salt them lightly and allow them to cool before serving.