Falafel Wrap (AIP, Paleo, Whole30)
AIP Falafel Wrap (Paleo, Whole30)
Makes: 2 Wraps
- 1 large Japanese sweet potato, peeled, quartered
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 AIP compliant coconut wraps, we use these NUCO Organic Coconut Wraps
- 1/4 cup AIP Hummus
- Spinach or desired greens
- Boil the sweet potato until soft, about 20 minutes. Drain well, roughly mash, and transfer to food processor or blender.
- Add the garlic, green onion, cilantro, coconut flour, and salt and process until smooth and evenly combined. Place in the refrigerator to chilld for at least 30 minutes.
- In a skillet or frying pan, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of mash into the frying pan and press into a patty shape. Fry on each side for ~3 minutes, until browned. Repeat with the rest of the mash.
- Place 2 tbsp of hummus and a handful of greens at the edge corner of each wrap. Place down 2-3 falafels and roll the wrap tucking in the sides. Seal with a bit of water if needed.