AIP Chicken Bastilla
AIP Chicken Bastilla (AIP, Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
Makes: 1 Single Serving Bastilla, Multiply the recipe as needed
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken, lightly seasoned
- 1 small red onion, peeled, diced finely
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Salt to season
- 1/3 cup peeled tigernuts
- 1-2 AIP compliant coconut wraps, we use these NUCO Organic Coconut Wraps
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Extra ground cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- While the oven is heating up, soak the tigernuts in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Cut 6 circles out of your coconut wraps, roughly 5 inches in diametes. Dab the circles with coconut oil, sprinkle with cinnamon, and toast in the oven 5 min max, as coconut wraps are very sensitive to heat. Set aside.
- Drain the tigernuts and then roughly chop them in a food processor.
- Toss the tigernuts in 1 tsp coconut oil and toast them on the stovetop over medium heat until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a skillet or frying pan, warm 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat and saute the red onion until translucent.
- Add the shredded chicken to the red onions, add the 1 tsp of ground cinnamon, and cook over medium heat for just a few minutes to meld the flavors.
- Build the bastilla by layers the coconut wraps with the chicken and onions and then finally topping the last layer off with the toasted tigernuts and an additional sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.