No-Bake Carob Rootbutter Cookies (AIP, Paleo)
Makes: 9 cookies
- 1 cup Tigernut Butter we used this brand for this recipe Roots Classic Tigernut Butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp carob powder
- Sea salt
- In a microwave safe bowl, add your tigernutbutter and maple syrup and warm up for 30-45 seconds.
- Add the coconut flour and mix until evenly combined. *Note: if using homemade tigernut butter, you may need to add additional oil of choice if the mixture is too dry.
- Form cookie dough into tablepsoon sized balls and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Press each dough ball down in a disc shape to your desired thickness.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil.
- Add the carob flour and whisk until completely combined. Dip each cookie into carob, multiple times if you want a thicker coating of carob, and top off with sea salt. Refrigerating the cookies for a few minutes will allow carob to set before serving.