AIP Elvis Burger (Paleo)
Makes: 4 Elvis Burgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- Salt, to season beef
- 4 lettuce leaves (optional)
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- Tigernut Butter to serve
- Cut the bananas into 1/2 inch slices.
- Heat up a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the coconut oil, place down the banana slices, and allow them to sautee for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown and ready to flip. Before flipping, drizzle the maple syrup over the banana slices.
- Flip the slices of banana carefully and sautee the other sides until golden brown. Set aside.
- Season the ground beef with salt and divide into four patties.
- In a large skillet, add the patties over high heat and get a good sear on one side (about 3-4 minutes). Flip the patties over and turn down the heat to medium and allow to cook until desired doneness.
- Lay your burger patties over a bed of lettuce and layer with caramelized bananas. Top off with tigernut butter, thank "The King" for the inspiration :), and serve.