Pesto Gnocchi (AIP, Paleo)
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 cup yuca, boiled until soft
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp oil or ghee for frying
- 1/4 cup AIP Pesto Sauce
- In a bowl or food processor, add the yuca, olive oil, salt, coconut flour, and pinch of baking soda and combine well into a ball. Make sure the dough is smooth without lumps.
- Roll out the dough to form a log. Cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and simmer until they float to the surface.
- Remove the gnocchi and add to a frying over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil or ghee to the pan and toast the gnocchi until browned on each side, about 5 minutes.
- Toss the gnocchi with the pesto sauce and serve immediately.