Butternut Breakfast Buns (AIP, Paleo)
AIP Butternut Breakfast Buns (Paleo)
Makes: 10 small buns
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add butternut squash to a food processor or blender, and process until smooth.
- Add in the coconut sugar, avocado oil, baking soda, and salt and blend again.
- Finally, add the cassava flour and coconut flour and mix until fully combined and forms into a dough.
- Roll the dough into equal sized balls, about 15g each. These were small buns. For larger buns, you'll need to adjust the baking time.
- Line buns on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bottoms turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool before eating.