AIP Butternut Apple Butter Donuts (Paleo)
Makes: 4 donuts
- 1 cup butternut squash, boiled and pureed
- 1/2 cup palm shortening
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup AIP Apple Butter
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 Gelatin Egg
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, for glaze
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor or blend, add the butternut squash, palm shortening, coconut nectar, apple butter, baking soda, vanilla, and salt.
- Add in your gelatin egg and blend until combined..
- Pour batter into doughnut pan, dividing the batter equally.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool before removing from the pan and glazing.
- In the microwave or in a small pot over medium heat, melt the coconut butter. Drizzle over the doughnuts and serve.