Cinnamon Apple Sauce (AIP, Paleo)
Makes: 1 cup
- 4 gala apples, peeled, corred, and chopped into small pieces
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- In a large saucepan or pot, add the apples, sugar, lemon juice, giner, cinnamon, and water.
- Boil apples over medium heat until fruit is softened completely and most of the liquid has evaporated (about 20-25 min). Stir the apples every few minutes to ensure even cooking. If needed, add more water and cook longer if apples are fully cooked through yet.
- Blend the apples in a blender or processor and then return the mixture to the pot over low heat.
- Stir in the gelatin slowly, 1/2 tbsp at a time, until completely dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into silicon molds.
- Transfer the gummies into the freezer until they firm up and easily pop out of the molds (about 20 min). Store in the refrigerator.