Prosciutto Blueberry Tart (AIP, Paleo, Whole30)
Makes: 20 Tarts
- 1 1/2 cups Japanese sweet potato
- 2 tbsp cassava flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 10 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup Roasted Balsamic Blueberries
- Parchment paper
- Steam, boil, bake, or microwave sweet potato until soft. (You can do this ahead of time and cool them overnight in the fridge so that your dough takes less time to cool). Discard the peel and mash in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add cassava flour, coconut oil, salt, and cinnamon to mashed sweet potato and combine until smooth.
- Using your hands, press out the dough onto a piece of parchment paper, to about 1/4th of an inch in thickness. Pop in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the freezer and with cookie cutter or back of glass, cut out circles, about 3 inches in diameter. If your dough has become too warm to work with, pop it back in the freezer for a bit.
- Greese your mini muffin pan. One by one, dently insert the tart circles into the muffin tins. Layer with 1/2 slice of prosciutto and then fill each tart with 1 tbsp of roasted balsamic blueberries.
- Bake at 350F for 15 min, until tops are golden and edges are crispy. Allow to cool before removing tarts from pan and serving.