Warm Celery Salad w/ Bacon and Apples (AIP, Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups sliced celery (1/8th-1/4th inch thick)
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1/3 cup apple, cored, and diced
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- Salt, to taste
- In a skillet or frying pan, toast the garlic in the olive oil on medium heat until browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the celery to the pan. Salt the celery conservatively, as the bacon will add saltiness at the end. Mix occassionally and allow to saute until celery browns on both sides, about 8 minutes.
- Add the bone broth. Allow celery to simmer until bone broth has evaporated.
- Add the apple and bacon and saute until bacon is completely cooked through. Serve warm.