Tostones (AIP, Paleo)
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 green plaintain
- Avocado oil, enough to coat the bottom of your frying pan at least 1/4 of an inch.
- Salt to taste
- Heat up your avocado oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Peel the plaintain and cut it into 1-inch slices.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, but not smoke, add the plaintains and fry on each side for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove the plaintains from the oil. Flatten the plaintains with by either pressing them down with the bottom of a can or by using a Tostone press.
- Fry the tostones again on each side for 1 minute.
- Remove the tostones from the oil and place on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and serve warm.