AIP Yuca Fries (Paleo)
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 large yuca
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Slice the ends of the yuca. Cut the yuca in half. Peel the yuca with either a vegetable peeler or carefully with a sharp knife.
- Boil the yuca for 8-10 minutes, or until the yuca has softened slightly.
- Cut each half into half again and remove the fibrous root that runs through the yuca.
- Now cut the yuca into fry shapes. Toss fries in olive oil and salt. Lay fries down on a non-stick sheet pan so that they are not touching one another.
- Bake for 30-35 min, or until fries crisp up. Serve warm.