Salted Brussel Chips (AIP, Paleo, Keto)
Makes: 4 servings
- 2lb bag of Brussel sprouts
- 1-2 tsp olive oil (or avocado oil)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut off the bottoms of the Brussels. Slice them in half lengthwise.
- When you cut them in half you'll notice that many of the outer layers fall off. These will be your Brussel chips. Separate the loose outer layers from the Brussels that have remained intact. (You will roast the whole Brussels seperately. Alternatively, check out this recipe for Roasted Maple Brussels).
- Toss the loose Brussel leaves in olive oil and season with salt. Note: If using avocado oil, it may take a little longer for the chips to brown because avocado oil has a higher smoke point.
- Spread out the chips on a non-stick Silipat or on tin foil that's covering a cookie sheet.
- Bake chips for 20-25min until browned and crispy. Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve immediately.