AIP Banana Bread Donuts (Paleo)
Makes: 6 servings
- 3 large overripe bananas
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash bananas in a medium to large bowl.
- Whisk in coconut sugar, avocado oil, baking soda, and salt.
- Add cassava flour and coconut flour and mix until fully combined.
- Pour batter into doughnut pan, dividing the batter equally.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool before glazing.
- In a small pan over low heat, melt the coconut butter.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, and cinnamon and allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
- Allow glaze to cool slightly before dipping your donuts.