Reverse Sear NY Strip Steak (AIP, Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 NY strip steaks
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsps avocado oil
- 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 6 sprigs thyme or rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 250F.
- Spread the steaks out on a greased sheet pan or baking dish and salt both sides of the steak liberally.
- Bake the steaks for 30 minutes, until the internal temperature hits 130-135F (medium-rare).
- Once the steaks are done in the overn, warm the avocado oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Working in batches, if necessary, sear each side of the steaks for 1-2 minutes.
- Once done with the sear, add the ghee and sprigs of thyme/rosemary and baste the steaks for an additional 3 minutes. Allow the steak to rest for several minutes before serving.