Savory Onion Jam Poptart (AIP, Paleo)
Makes: 3-4 Poptarts
- 1 1/2 cups Japanese sweet potato
- 2 tbsp cassava flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup AIP Onion Jam
- Parchment paper
- Steam, boil, bake, or microwave sweet potato until soft. (You can do this ahead of time and cool them overnight in the fridge so that your dough takes less time to cool). Discard the peel and mash in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add cassava flour, coconut oil, salt, and cinnamon to mashed sweet potato and combine until smooth.
- Using your hands, press out the dough onto a piece of parchment paper, to about 1/4th of an inch in thickness. Pop in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the freezer and with a knife cut out an even number of rectangles "Pop-Tart" sized.
- If your dough has become too warm to work with, pop it back in the freezer for a bit. Add 2-3 tbsp jam to the centers of half of the rectangles. Top each one with a rectangle and seal the edges.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 min, until tops are golden and edges are crispy.