AIP Onion Jam (Paleo)
Makes: 1 cup
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar (or honey)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 sprig thyme
- Add the onion, olive oil, and garlic to a small pot and cook over medium until onions become translucent and caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Add the salt, coconut nectar, vinegar, apple juice, and thyme and allow to simmer until jam thickens, about another 10 minutes. Stir occassionally.
- Blend onions in a food processor and serve.