Ginger Beet Soup (AIP, Paleo, Whole30)
Makes: 2 servings
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 large beets, cooked and peeled (We like the brand Love Beets)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup Hannah sweet potato, cooked
- 1/2 cup stock or bone broth
- 1 cups water
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot over low-medium heat, sautee the onions in avocado oil until transuluscent, about 7-8 minutes. Season onions with salt.
- Add the beets and ginger powder. Saute for an additional 6-8 minutes to build flavor.
- Add the sweet potato, stock, and water and season with salt. Bring to a boil and then allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth, adding additional water for desired consistency.