Creamy Zucchini Soup (AIP, Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
Makes: 2 servings
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup stock or bone broth
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot over low-medium heat, sautee the onions in avocado oil until transuluscent, about 7-8 minutes. Season onions with salt.
- Add the garlic and saute for an additional 1 minute, until garlic browns.
- Add zucchini, season with salt, and cook, stirring frequently, until zuchhini softens, about 10 minutes.
- Add the stock adn water and bring to a simmer. Cook until zucchini is very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth, adding additional water for desired consistency.