AIP Tzimmes (Paleo)
Makes: 4 servings
- 5-7 large carrots, peeled, ends cut off
- 1/2 cup raisins, we like jumbo raisins
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a large pot bring 4 cups of water to a boil and boil the carrots for until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain the carrots and slice into 1/2 inch even sized pieces.
- Add the carrots back to the pot over medium heat. Add the raisins, sugar, and cinnamon. Toss to evenly coat the carrots.
- Add the 1 1/2 cups of water and allow tzimmes to simmer covered until water evaporates and syrup thickens, about 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.