Salmon Cakes (AIP, Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
Makes: 3 salmon cakes
- 1 6-oz can wild pink salmon
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp coconut oil, NOT melted
- 1/2 cup cooked carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup avocado oil for frying
- Rinse and drain the canned salmon. Add to mixing bowl.
- Add the garlic, salt, dill, lemon juice, coconut oil, and coconut flour. Mix until combined.
- Mix in the chopped carrot. Form into 3 equal sized salmon patties.
- Add the avocado oil to a frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the patties and fry on each side for 2 1/2-3 minutes, until browned. Flip VERY CAREFULLY (these are delicate patties).
- Place the patties on paper towel to absorb extra oil. Serve warm.