Braised Red Cabbage and Apples (AIP, Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
Braised Red Cabbage and Apples (AIP, Paleo, Keto, Whole 30)
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp ghee or avocado oil
- 1/2 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 head red cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (leave out for Whole30)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, add the ghee or oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and apple and cook, stirring, until onion softens, about 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in the red cabbage and season with salt.
- Add sugar, vinegar, and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook covered, until cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes.