Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins (AIP, Paleo)
Cinnamom Sugar Donut Muffins (AIP, Paleo)
Makes: 12 mini muffins
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vanilla ghee (or regular ghee + 1 tsp vanilla)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Gelatin Egg
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cassava flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, warm up ghee and maple syrup for 10-15 seconds. Add coconut milk, vanilla, and gelatin egg and whisk until evenly combined.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and mix until batter is formed. Grease your mini muffin pan very well and divide batter evenly into 12 servings.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until muffins have set. Remove muffins carefully and allow to cool before coating.
- Melt ghee. Coat the tops of the muffins with ghee and lastly, dip into coconut sugar.