Homemade Vanilla Wafers (AIP, Paleo)
Makes: 6 cookies
- 1/4 cup vanilla ghee, melted (or regular ghee + 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together melted ghee and coconut nextar.
- Add gelatin and whisk until combined.
- Add coconut flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until cookie dough has formed. Discard any additional ghee that may have syneresed out of the mixture.
- Divide the cookie dough into 6 equal sized balls. On a parchment lined baking sheet, flatten the dough balls into even rounds.
- Pop cookies in the freezer for 5 minutes to firm up.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
- *Note: These are best eaten fresh, but if you have leftovers and they firm up, pop them into the microwave for 15 seconds to soften.