Cabbage Wedges with Bacon Gremolata (AIP, Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
Cabbage Wedges With Bacon Gremolata (AIP, Paleo, Keto, Whole 30)
Makes: 4 servings
- 1/2 head red cabbage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, to season
- 4 strips AIP compliant bacon
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut cabbage into 4 wedges. Place wedges on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the wedges generously with olive oil and season with salt.
- Bake wedges for 40 minutes, or until edges brown and begin to become crispy.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a frying over medium heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan and allow to cool. In the remaining bacon fat, fry the garlic on LOW heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Before serving, crumble the bacon into a small bowl and mix in the fried garlic. Top the wedges with the bacon gremolata and serve.